About the new developments
These new tools are one of the main pillars for the guiding and supporting of the trainers in future developments of MALL implementations in their classes.
Based on the reports of O2 and O3 and on the experiences gained through O4 and O5 the partnership selected 5 learning / teaching situations and they created 5 tools for practising specific language learning strategies covering vocabulary extension, grammar practice, writing skills, listening comprehension, speaking skills or phonetics with the learners.
The partners agreed the new teaching tools will be based on the common online tools that have been analysed in methodological analysis (IO2). Main reason for this decision was the fact that those common online tools are well known and wide used and are this makes them a perfect base for new developments. All the partners have experience working with all or some of the tools and based on this has been decided who develops what. At the same time, has been decided which tool will focus on the one of the basic language skills, vocabulary extension, grammar practice, writing skills, listening comprehension, speaking skills or phonetics.
The development if each tool includes:
- The definition of target group (level of learners)
- A short description of the tool
- The idea behind the tool development and the reason the partner decided to develop this tool
- Description of the tools and methods used for development
- Resources (people, equipment) has been used/involved in the development
- Issues the partner faced during development
- A didactic analysis of the tool (as the ones done in IO2)
- A Technical analysis of the tool (as the ones done in IO3)
- A Sample Lesson plan presenting the use of the tool in a language classroom